Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 21st Dinner

Menu:
Stir-Fried Choy Sum with Garlic
Poached Baby Cuttlefish with Red Chilli
Country-Style Egg and Tomato Salad

All the recipes are from Kylie Kwong's My China Cookbook. I'm glad they are all pretty simple to follow and tasty. I had to change a few items though. For example instead of using squid, I had cuttlefish and for the salad, I used white onions. I also didn't have any green peppers on hand for the cuttlefish. But overall, I think everything came out nicely.

Just for Auntie D, here's the recipe for the dressing on the cuttlefish since I couldn't find it online.
Ingredients:
5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 green pepper
1 large red chilli, finely sliced

Combine all dressing ingredients into a large bowl and mix well, then add chilli and pepper squares.

With food like this, you can see why we go through a lot of garlic and chilli each week.

Stir-Fried Choy Sum with Garlic

Poached Baby Cuttlefish with Red Chilli

Country-Style Egg and Tomato Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails