Saturday, June 6, 2009

Peller Celebration Dinner

We rarely order Thai food as Nick doesn't really like it. I'm a big fan of it but I do agree that it is hard to find a decent Thai place in Toronto. Anyhow, my sister and Patrick came down to visit me since I got my wisdom teeth removed and decided to do some drinking. They decided on Thai Princess take out since they have had good experiences with it before and we went along with it. They also brought along a bottle of Peller Estate Signature Series Ice Cuvée VQA and that is how we started the evening off. I really enjoyed this sparkling as it was very refreshing. Peller describes this as "very fine bubbles spiral upwards, through this brilliant yellow, straw coloured sparkling wine. The bouquet of apricot, yeast and ripe apple, with hints of honey, are followed by tropical fruits on the palate and a refreshing sweet grapefruit finish."

We then ordered delivery from Thai Princess which included:
6. Chicken Satay (4 skewers) $9.95
8. Thai Golden Basket $5.95
13. Lemongrass Shrimp Soup $5.50
17. Chicken Coconut Soup $4.95
35. Green Curry Chicken $10.95
64. Red Curry Lamb $ 11.95
69. Thai Crispy Shrimp $10.95
105. Thai Curry Phad Thai $9.95
114. Steamed rice $1.50
114. Steamed rice $1.50
114. Roti $1.50
114. Roti $1.50

Most of everything was amazing! I think my favourite was definitely the Thai Crispy Shrimp, the Lemongrass Shrimp Soup and the Green Curry Chicken. The red curry was very flavourful and with the right amount of kick but the lamb was a bit on the tough side. I didn't have any of the meat because I couldn't chew. The roti was also disappointing because it was not soft at all and lacked in freshness. I think everything tasted extra good to me too because I have been starving for the last few days. Everyone else enjoyed the meal too though so it was definitely a consensus that we need to revisit Thai Princess again.

We finished the evening off with Peller Estates 2006 Ice Wine Cabernet Franc Andrew Peller Signature Series which has been described as "A rich mouth feel with wonderful fruit flavours of red berries and rhubarb. Red currants, spice and pomgranate on a long lingering finish." My sister later told us to get Late Harvest next time because it is way cheaper and it has a crisper after taste more suitable for ice wine martinis. The drink she made was a little on the strong side but enjoyable. Her recipe includes one part ice wine, one part grey goose, and one part sparkling water.

So for the evening between the 4 of us, we managed to polish off a bottle of sparkling, a bottle of grey goose, ice wine and about 6 beers. Way to go CHAN family!

We finished the night off with watching last week's MTV Movie Awards and had rounds of good laugh. I love Andy Samberg!!


Peller Estate Sparkling

Peller Estate Sparkling

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Thai Princess Delivery

Pauline administering the martinis

Peller Estate Ice Wine Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails