Sunday, July 19, 2009

Braised Beef Brisket

I followed a Kylie Kwong recipe for this dish but I can't seem to find the recipe online anywhere and I am too lazy right now to type it out. I simmered it for 1hr 15 mins and then turned the heat off for 40 mins (took the dog out for a walk and just let the pot sit) and then simmered it some more for 20 mins. For the stock I used 5 spice powder and bay leaves (cinnamon and dried licorice root was in the recipe but I could not find either at T&T), star anise, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic, green onions, peppercorn, chili and sesame oil. For fear that it would not taste good, at the last 15 mins, I threw in a tablespoon of Shacha sauce. The beef turned out very tender but it didn't seem to taste exactly like the ones found if you go to a Cantonese noodle place. Next time, I am going to try to buy the Lee Kum Kee Chu Hou paste and only use daikon and (no carrots) and see how it goes.

"Beef Brisket" "Kylie Kwong"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails