Monday, July 6, 2009

My Inner Italian

Ordering pizza from Pizzaiolo on Saturday afternoon really hit the spot after a big chest workout. We couldn't think of what to eat for the longest time and Nick suggested Pizzaiolo since he had it a month ago for a bachelor party. This is another new food joint on the King West strip but Pizzaiolo itself have been around for some time. We always passed by the one in Richmond Hill before but we have never made the effort to try it as it was in a weird location. I normally order meat pizza and on that Saturday, it was no different. We got the Sicilian which has Real Bacon, Italian Sausage, Red Onions, Mozzarella and Pizzaiolo Tomato Sauce. The pizza was good with tons of big, fresh, flavourful toppings. It was definitely better than your typical Domino's or Pizza Pizza or Pizza Hut. But I still prefer super thin Terroni's pizza. People probably think I work for them since I love them so much. We would still order again from Pizzaiolo when we want a heavy duty pizza though rather than extreme thin crust though. They really cater to different pizza demographics.

Tonight I made another item from Jamie's Italy. It was Spaghetti with Shrimp and Arugula. We did not have any sun-dried tomato at home so I proceeded to making the same tomato sauce as the other day. It turned out well but we had to add more salt since we did not use the sun-dried tomatoes which would have been saltier. I put a bit of the starchy pasta water back into the spaghetti which I forgot to the last time I made pasta. It really made a lot of difference when the pasta is not super dry and making you gag. Instead of eating it for 5 meals in a row, I might have been able to eat it for 7 times!

Pizzaiola Sicilian Pizza

Jamie Oliver Spaghetti with Shrimp and Arugula

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails