Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Peller Estate

Yesterday, a bunch of the bridal group decided to head to wine country. I organized the event so I want to make sure I take them to a place that I know will do an amazing job with the food and tour. Everyone was so happy with the tour that I sent the following email to Peller Estate:

Hi Sarah,
I just want to say thank you for a flawless experience yesterday at Peller. The food is always fantastic and stunning and the tour was informative and fun. I have to say it was overall the best winery experience we have had in the Niagara region and I will definitely be bringing more out of town guests here. Everyone on the trip was delighted with my choice in Peller!
Best Regards,
Catherine

I love Peller! I've taken people here for my sister's bachelorette party, my mom's birthday, my in-law's birthday and now for this event and every time, it was amazing.

And on to the food:
Tomato Carpaccio
or
Smoke Salmon Soup
or
Some kind of Elk Watercress salad that no one ordered
-
Beef Short Ribs
or
Confit Diver Scallop Edamame Bean Chorizo and Mint Cassoulet
or
Truffle Roasted Halibut Mushroom, "Saint Horne" Cheese, Dried Apricot and Sage Tart
-
Pecan Tart
or
Strawberry Shortcake
or
Chocolate Cheesecake

I only took a few pictures of the items at our table for our 3 course meal so not everthing has a picture. The scallops and halibut were to die for and everyone was so pleased with the food. The scallops were fresh and cooked to perfection. The edamame beans and chorizo side went well with it as it was crunchy and crispy with just the right amount of saltiness. The halibut was amazing because the truffle oil really came through and the pairing with the cheese and flaky tart really pushed the envelope for this fish dish. It was so different and refreshing compared to the usual maple glazed or miso or terriyaki.

The dessert was a bit of a let down compared to to the mains. We found the shortcake a little hard and the cream on top too heavy and not sweet enough. The cheesecake was a better choice but most picked the shortcake because we thought it would be lighter.

Overall, still a great experience along with the ice wine tour we had. They really showed us that ice wine can be paired with not just desserts but any course of the meal.

Peller Estate

Smoke Salmon Soup

Confit Diver Scallop Edamame Bean Chorizo and Mint Cassoulet

Truffle Roasted Halibut Mushroom, "Saint Horne" Cheese, Dried Apricot and Sage Tart

Strawberry Shortcake

Chocolate Cheesecake

Peller Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails