Thursday, September 24, 2009

Asian Inspired Chicken Salad

I stumbled on the Worldwide Gourmet site when I googled Asian Inspired Chicken Salad. I wanted to cook something semi-healthy since Nick has been complaining about his fluffy mid section. All the boozing and eating out doesn't help the cause. This salad is pretty easy but I realized that I cannot julienne vegetables. It took me forever to do one carrot and I think my hands have carpal tunnel now. Quite sad.

As for the recipe, instead of just cooking the chicken in chicken broth, the chicken was marinated in lemongrass, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar for about 45 minutes and then grilled. This recipe caught my attention because you get to arrange the chicken veggie mix on the pretty boston lettuce. The prettiest lettuce of all lettuces. First time I have ever had it at home. So pretty. :D

Asian Inspired Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails