Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Yet Again

4 meals in row from Jamie's Food Revolution. So I guess because I am cooking from his newest book, it is more common to not be able to find the recipe online. So sad. Anyway, tonight's menu included Crunchy Garlic Chicken and Braised Bacon Cabbage. The links I have posted are the closest thing I can find online to the recipe I used. Both were quite easy but the chicken resulted in tons of clean up due to the flour, egg, and crumb mixture that you need to dip the chicken into.

The cabbage was much easier. In short, clean and chop up 1 savoy, green, or spring cabbage (I used savoy here). Then fry up 6 slices of chopped up bacon till brown in olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, add 2 pats of butter (no idea what pats are..so i just threw a chunk in) and 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce. Add savoy cabbage and 1.25 cups of chicken stock and stir and turn up the heat. Cook covered for 5 minutes and cooked uncovered for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and a lug of olive oil. Serve.

I am only typing this out because I know Denise wants the recipe. Otherwise, I really should be getting offline and studying...errps.

Jamie Oliver Crunchy Garlic Chicken and Braised Bacon Cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails