Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Steak

I think I have fucked up enough steaks to finally know how to cook one. There's nothing sadder than a great piece of meat going to waste. This time around, I followed a recipe on chow but guestimated the timing with the bbq recipe secrets guide. I somehow arrived at 18 minutes based on the size of this monstrosity for a medium rare steak. I love visuals and when I compare my picture to these Steak Doneness pictures, I have achieved what I am looking for.

Breakdown of the 18 minutes:
It was a 2+ lbs, 1.5 inches cut of Cumbrae's striploin which I seasoned with Barbarian's steak spice, salt and pepper. I seared one side for 5 minutes, flipped it over and seared the other for 2 minutes and then put it in the oven for another 11 minutes.

Finish this off with a bit of truffle salt and all you can say is 'OHHHHH YES'!

Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails