Monday, September 13, 2010

Boiled Peanuts...Thai Inspired

Would I make this again? Probably not. I'm not a fan of the texture of boiled peanuts since they have that starchiness of beans. But since I got a bag of raw ones from the Ontario Artisan Share program, I figure I shouldn't let it go to waste. A lot of recipes online for boiled peanutes are Cajun style so I thought Thai spices might also work. I added lemongrass, chili flakes, chili powder, salt, Sriracha sauce, ginger, garlic powder and lime leaves. The taste came through very subtly and it wasn't quite as spicy as I hoped. Nonetheless, it was a fun experiment. We are definitely sold on the program. What a great way to try different local produce that you otherwise would not have bought or would not have easy access to.

Thai Inspired Boiled Peanuts

Peanut Shells!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails