Monday, September 6, 2010

Gazpacho

On the Pittsburgh trip, I managed to have 3 gazpacho at 3 separate restaurants - Monterey Bay Fish Grotto, Bona Terra, and Fallingwater Cafe. My spoon is always scraping the botton of the bowl when I have this soup. Acidic bite and garlicky punch really bring out the flavours of the tomatoes. It is a refreshing soup to have in the summer months. It turns out from looking at Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything app (most recently went down in price from $4.99 to $1.99 after I bought it..argh), that it is quite an quick and simple soup to make. Really, you don't even need to turn on the stove. Easy!

Gazpacho before it was pulverized

Gazpacho


I made this my own by adding fresh basil, 2x garlic, and 1 red chili. Next time, I might try to make it Thai-inspired by adding cilantro, fish sauce, lemongrass powder, red chili, and Thai basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails