Sunday, December 11, 2011

Maple Bacon Donuts

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I am always excited about anything that is both salty and sweet. Like roasted duck with the plum sauce. Or sweet and sour pork.  Sausage and pancakes.  Chicken and waffles.  Honey garlic chicken wings.  Suckling pig with sugar and hoisin sauce.  The list goes on. And to add to this now, is the simple maple bacon donut from Beast. This neighbourhood establishment has also served Anthony Bourdain when he was in Toronto in 2010, so anything that's good enough for him is good for me.   I had one whole donut myself and not regretting it at all. Very satisfying on a Sunday morning after a good workout.

And look at the weird thing I noticed.  Nacho and Humphrey are the same colour as maple bacon donuts. Coincidence? I think not!

DSC_1237

Maple Bacon Donut from Beast

Maple Bacon Donut from Beast


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails