Monday, September 7, 2009

Chinese Beef Brisket with Radish 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩

With more reading on Chinese Beef Brisket since my first attempt with a Kylie Kwong Recipe, I decided to do a version with a couple of recipes I found online that seemed more like what I can find at a Cantonese restaurant. The first first recipe has less ingredients but with cool tips and the second one has more detailed ingredients but with less steps so I took both on. I definitely found these recipes better than the Kylie one simply because they eliminated the carrots which you normally don't find in braised beef brisket and it also has a method of turning on and off the stove which my mom said is key to making the brisket tender. The best part with this attempt too is that I made some iceberg lettuce separately. When I poured the beef brisket on top and all the juices got absorbed by the lettuce, that was just the most wonderful thing.

Chinese Beef Brisket with Radish 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails