Monday, February 22, 2010

Soy Sauce Chicken 豉油鸡

Combined a few recipes and now I can call this my own..whahahahaha.....
Sources of inspiration are from Rasa Malaysia, Chinesefood-recipes.com, advice from my brother and my friend's Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe that I posted before.

Ingredients:
1 Whole chicken (I got mine from Costco and it was quite large)
2 Star Anise
3/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
3/4 cup Dark Soy Sauce
1.5 cups Water
1.5 pieces of Chinese Block Sugar
A few pieces of Ginger
A few pieces of Green Onions
A bit of oil
A bit of Sesame Oil
  1. Clean chicken and pat dry. Stuff green onion and ginger inside chicken.
  2. Saute ginger and green onion with 1 Tbsp oil till fragrant. Add the 2 soy, water, star anise sugar and bring it to the boil.
  3. Put in chicken, cover and cook in low heat. Turn over the chicken every 5 minutes until deep brown (about 35 minutes). Use a spoon to take the sauce from the pan and pour the sauce on and inside the chicken while cooking.
  4. Sprinkle in sesame oil. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes each side.
  5. Drain and cut chicken into pieces. Pour some cooking sauce over chicken and serve.
I found this dish very easy to make and the chicken came out very moist. I followed the Rasa Malaysia Recipe for the green onion dip but instead of ginger, I used ginger powder since i am not a fan of eating ginger pieces. It worked out well this recipe will most definitely be a repeat.

Soy Sauce Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails